Time... in a blender! Get me out of this handbasket!

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Mon Mar 12 09:28:35 EDT 2007

Ben Scott wrote:
> Wow.  Neat.  I've never heard of anything like that.

I guess I'm not the first....
http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+time+%22too+fast%22+Athlon+64

>   Is ntpd running?  If so, kill it, and see if that fixes it.

That was my first thought, too.  No joy though.

>   Have you tried a reboot?

Well, I changed the boot params to the old ones (rather than the ones
the installer used)...

Originally the installer added just "acpi=off" (needed for mosr SATA
drives in Mandriva) and I changed the parameters to:
"noapic acpi=ht pci=biosirq" and rebooted.

Bingo.  Seemed to work.

>   Are you running a custom kernel?

Nope.  Standard Mandriva 2007:
Linux 2.6.17-5mdv #1 SMP Wed Sep 13 14:32:31 EDT 2006 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+ GNU/Linux

Off to work now... with less than half the sleep I had hoed for...

Brian