Handhelds/PDAs - Palm vs Zaurus vs others - Opinions? Experiences?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 18:30:26 EDT 2007

On 3/20/07, Travis Roy <travis at scootz.net> wrote:
>> (For purposes of this discussion, let's assume my handheld and
>> my mobile phone will be two different devices.)
>
> I would seriously consider combining the two devices. I find it very helpful.

  ~sigh~  Yes, yes.  That's the way it would be, in an ideal world.
But wireless carriers universally see any cell phone, and all the data
on it, as *their* property.  They don't sell you a phone, they let you
use their phone, maybe, for a little while, so long as you keep up on
your protection payments.  My thoughts on that policy are best not
uttered aloud, for fear of waking the elder gods.

  I also don't want to have to switch PDAs just because I switched
wireless carriers.

  Also, work pays for the cell phone, but not the PDA I want.  (I
could get a BlackBerry, but I don't relish the idea of being even more
reachable for work.)

  So, anyway, I have a cell phone, which makes phone calls, and I have
a handheld computer, which does everything else.

  Thanks for the rest of the information, though!  :-)

--
"One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel / And the next it's rolling over me"
                                                  -- Rush, "Far Cry"