LinkSys WRT54G and OpenWRT

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 16:25:17 EDT 2007

On 3/25/07, David A. Long <dave at jumpshift.com> wrote:
> Has anyone looked into mini PCI (type III) crypto cards, or otherwise
> made modifications to the WRT54GL hardware?  The radio hardware in the
> box is on its own removable mini PCI card and presumably could be
> replaced with a crypto card.

  Interesting idea.  I like it.

  One problem: I think LinkSys long ago stopped using modular radio
hardware with the WRT54G series.  It's all soldered on to the PCB now.
 Even on the "L" sub-series models.  You'd have to find one of the old
WRT54G v1 units to get a mPCI slot.  I think.

--
"One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel / And the next it's rolling over me"
                                                  -- Rush, "Far Cry"