Why we can't record our TV shows (was: In case you have not seen it.....Linux Media Center)

Kevin D. Clark kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Mon Mar 26 10:48:06 EDT 2007

Seth Cohn writes:

> These days, I do without cable OR satellite.  Considering the high
> prices I paid for both,  I miss neither. But how do you watch TV? I
> hear you asking... Antenna?  No.
>
> I download each and every show I wish to watch (and I want for
> nothing I can't get), getting not only high quality recordings, but
> with commercials already removed.

I'm curious...is there a model in which you'd consider paying for
content?  The model could have reasonable prices and fair/non-existent
copy-protection or whatever else you'd like.

Please tell us if you'd ever consider paying for this content and, if
so, under what circumstances.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E              Never could stand that dog.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                   -- Tom Waits