Why we can't record our TV shows (was: In case you have not seen it.....Linux Media Center)

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Mon Mar 26 10:59:22 EDT 2007

> I'm curious...is there a model in which you'd consider paying for
> content?  The model could have reasonable prices and fair/non-existent
> copy-protection or whatever else you'd like.

If it's stuff that I can get OTA with an antenna (If I didn't live in
the sticks), then no, I wouldn't pay for it. I'd setup myth to record
it and auto strip the commercials. So for me there's no difference
between this and downloading the torrent.

As far as "pay" channels (being cable and premium channels). I would
only pay for episodes if they came in the same quality as if I bought
the DVD box set or greater, and/or I got a coupon/voucher for the DVD
box set when it came out. Then I would pay around $30/season or $2/
episode.