Private in-house domain

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu May 17 01:16:59 EDT 2007

On May 16, 2007, at 14:31, Tech Writer wrote:

> My initial goal was to end hours of frustration, and just get it
> working.
> However, now that I've got the concepts a little more clear in my
> mind, I've
> taken your advice, and used the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
> ifcfg-eth0
> and ifcfg-eth0:0 files.  If anyone else is interested in seeing my
> current
> configuration, I've updated the files in: http://www.handspun.com/
> review/

If you want to go minimalist, you can make a file called:

   /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth0

and put something in it like:

   192.168.1.0/24 via 10.25.1.10

.  That way you can keep just one IP address on your ethernet card
and it'll know how to find your gateway.

-Bill

------
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/