Private in-house domain

virginsnow at vfemail.net virginsnow at vfemail.net
Thu May 17 09:40:54 EDT 2007

> From: Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com>
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 01:16:59 -0400
> Cc: Greater NH Linux User Group <gnhlug-discuss at mail.gnhlug.org>

> If you want to go minimalist, you can make a file called:
>
>    /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth0
>
> and put something in it like:
>
>    192.168.1.0/24 via 10.25.1.10
>
> .  That way you can keep just one IP address on your ethernet card
> and it'll know how to find your gateway.

Will than really work?  How would the ifup scripts deal with the fact
that the host has no address on that network?

I also suspect that, on his Linksys box, TOP has 0 > rp_filter.
Otherwise, the router should/would drop packets from 10.25.1.0/24
because they wouldn't match 192.168.1.1/24... which means that NAT to
the Net wouldn't work.