[SPAM-45] Re: cddb to mysql or csv

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon May 28 13:14:08 EDT 2007

Jim Kuzdrall <gnhlug at intrel.com> writes:

>     Yeah, I Google'd and Yahoo'd for it, looked in Linux Format DVD
> index, Linux Journal topics, but no luck.  There are for-pay programs
> advertised for Windows, but nothing for Linux that I could find.

Hmm, I searched on 'convert CDDB files to csv' and came up with a few
hits that looked promising.

>     The data is a straight-forward text format.  I would be surprised if
> there were not either a program somewhere - or a reason for using some
> other scheme to make the database.  I was just hoping not to have to
> write one.  By now, I have wasted enough time that I could have.  But I
> am a bit leary that CDDB is the wrong approach somehow.

What exactly are you trying to do?  Also, have you search freshmeat
and/or sourceforge?  There might be something there to do what you
need.  CPAN might also already have a module ready for you such that
writing exactly what you want would be quick and mostly painless.
--
Seeya,
Paul