cddb to mysql or csv

Jim Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Mon May 28 13:48:51 EDT 2007

On Monday 28 May 2007 13:14, Paul Lussier wrote:

> Hmm, I searched on 'convert CDDB files to csv' and came up with a few
> hits that looked promising.

     I explored a bunch of those, but they are either for Windows, cost
money, or are players that have some CDDB import/edit features.

> What exactly are you trying to do?  Also, have you search freshmeat
> and/or sourceforge?  There might be something there to do what you
> need.  CPAN might also already have a module ready for you such that
> writing exactly what you want would be quick and mostly painless.

    I am concluding that you are right.  I just wanted to make sure that
I wasn't missing something obvious to others.

    This is another of those cases where some simple whim expands beyond
reason.  I am doing a photo inventory of my lab for insurance purposes.
After all the important stuff was done (a mere 750 photos), getting
close-up photos of the music CD spines (sitting in their rack) seemed
like a good idea.  But wait - all that information and more is in the
CDDB directory...  But it isn't in insurance-agent-readable form.

    So, I will photograph the spines to prove I have the CDs and copy
the .cddb directory to the inventory CD.  If I have to make a claim,
the problem of cddb-to-database-to-agent can be solved then.

    Problems get solved on gnhlug just like magic!

Jim Kuzdrall