Laptop Key Problem

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 09:33:49 EST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 9:25 AM, Tech Writer <TechWtr at handspun.com> wrote:
> I actually tried to remove the Print Screen key, but that didn't help.

  I would suggest booting some MS-DOS-based diagnostic software, and
seeing if the system is getting keyboard scan codes for the key.

> ... because XP SP2 kept giving hard drive errors (even after HP replaced the disk!)

  That makes me suspicious.  It's entirely possible that the system
has some *other* problem (bad RAM, CPU, core logic, etc.) that is
causing general craziness, including bad disk I/O and bogus key scan
codes.  Try running other diagnostics (like MemTest86+) and see what
you find.

-- Ben