[OT] Verizon/FairPoint sale (was: Comcast!?!?)

David Hardy belovedbold357 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:39:44 EST 2007

We have a POTS line (courtesy of Verizon) and three cells here in
Montpelier, VT, and sometimes on our 7-acre farm we lose the cell
connections, let alone driving north of here into the NEK where cell
coverage is pretty much non-existent, ditto for the ride down I-89 between
Royalton and Bellows Falls.

> I've had more electrical outages in the past
>year then I have had telephone service out.

Same here.  We also have trains going by half a dozen times a day (and
night) and they sometimes disrupt both our cell coverage and DSL connections
(also Verizon).

Bernie Sanders (our feisty new Senator) and one of our NEK state reps, Vince
Illuzi, are joining forces with the unions to either disrupt or blow away
the Verizon/Fairpoint deal up here.

Dave H.