"No disk / Wrong disk" message when burning CD-RW

Larry Cook lcook at sybase.com
Sat Nov 17 15:10:18 EST 2007

I've got a FC3 system where burning to CD-RW works fine until the system
has been up for a long time, at which point it gives the "No disk /
Wrong disk" message.  I googled and found this:

---
Doing some Googling, for the "No disk / Wrong disk" message, I noticed
one person who said their drive burns just fine, unless the machine's
been on for a while.  Then it complains.  If they reboot, it becomes
happy again.  (I didn't notice if they mentioned what particular brand
of drive it was.)
---

which sounds exactly like my problem, but I did not find anything else
helpful.

Has anyone seen or heard of this problem?

Is it likely to be a s/w or h/w problem?

Is there a way I can reset the device driver or the device itself w/o
rebooting the system?

Thanks,
Larry