Lower power portable Linux

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Nov 21 17:41:52 EST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007, at 12:08, mike ledoux wrote:

> I've had scripts to successfully 'hibernate' (suspend to disk)
> my laptops for years, working at least as far back as 2.4-series
> kernels.  I have yet to see suspend to RAM work on Linux anywhere.

In some ways this is easier.  As I understand it, suspend-to-disk is
"just" moving all active RAM into swap and then marking the swapfile
with some magic that the boot routines understand means "put this
back into memory".

IIRC the OLPC guys are fixing linux as they go.

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/