Lower power portable Linux

Tyson Sawyer tyson at j3.org
Wed Nov 21 14:26:28 EST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 12:08 PM, mike ledoux <mwl+gnhlug at alumni.unh.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 06:03:31PM -0500, Ben Scott wrote:

[...]

> I have yet to see suspend to RAM work on Linux anywhere.

[...]

> >   I'm especially interested in how it fares for someone like me, who
> > prefers to run a traditional *nix window manager and logon, without
> > session management and a desktop environment and a bunch of extra
> > daemons and so on.
>
> I fit that description.

Your two comments are directly related.  Its not quite flawless, but
suspend to ram is definitely working.  ...its just that you prefer the
DIY approach.

Cheers!
Ty

--
Tyson D Sawyer

A well-schooled electorate being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and read Books shall not be infringed.