Books are dead thread: Bookpool features APress @ 50%

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Tue Oct 16 09:32:45 EDT 2007

David J Berube wrote:
> FWIW, word from Apress is that it's a promotion, not a
> Bookpool-is-going-under sale. Banners and all that on Apress.com and
> elswehere.

I'm sorry if I made it sound so dire that I've launched "Bookpool is
dead" rumors. That wasn't my intent. The trade book industry is always a
challenging place to make money, and I did not mean to suggest that
neither Bookpool nor Apress is on the verge of collapse. This was more
of a followup on the conversation Ben and I were having starting in the
"Quantum Books closing" thread...

P.S. Credit to posters on the Python-tutor list for the original lead.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC