Desperate for deb docs

Tyson Sawyer tyson at j3.org
Tue Oct 16 16:16:15 EDT 2007

OK, that was helpful.  But there is still a big picture thing that I
don't understand:

How does one re-build a .deb package?  Where is the equivalent of srpm packages?

What if I want to rebuild a package on a different architecture or
with some minor change?

Thanks!
Ty

On 10/16/07, Star <nhstar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I need docs on how to build .deb files. I do not want docs on how to build
> > .deb files for a debian distribution. I do not want docs on debian policy.
> > I need to understand the intricasies of how to write control files (e.g.,
> > control, preinst, postinst, prerm, postrm, etc...)
>
> I found the IBM docs very useful at
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-debpkg.html
>
> But my packages tend to be very basic with little in the way of
> dependencies.  You may have already exceeded what this is telling
> ya...
>
> HIH
> --
> ~ *

Tyson D Sawyer

A well-schooled electorate being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and read Books shall not be infringed.