problem buring iso to external usb dvd

Shawn K. O'Shea shawn at eth0.net
Mon Oct 29 08:50:33 EDT 2007

I took a look at the man page for growisofs since that was a new tool
(to me) and your syntax is correct per the page.

My only suggestion would be to try cdrecord instead and see if it can
do the job. cdrecord is also included in FC5 and can burn dvds.  The
syntax looks like:
cdrecord -v speed=X dev=A,B,C cdimage.iso

I think cdrecord can work with dev=/dev/dvd, but I find it's happier
with a SCSI-type spec. You can have it scan for your drive to give you
that A,B,C number combo with cdrecord -scanbus

-Shawn