Cell Phone question, maybe not linux specific?

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Sat Sep 22 12:01:57 EDT 2007

I recently got a new Motorola Razr V3 Maxx and for the princely sum of $20
I added a 2G micro SD card. I took a few pictures and then saved myself a
some change by not emailing the pictures out of the camera. i.e., I took
the card out and mounted it as a disk on linux. Here's the directory
structure of what was on the card:

700 > find . -type d
.
./my_flix
./motorola
./motorola/email
./motorola/mms
./motorola/certs
./motorola/certs/root
./motorola/certs/root/x509
./motorola/certs/root/x509/ssl
./motorola/certs/root/x509/kjava
./motorola/test
./motorola/licenses
./motorola/shared
./motorola/shared/audio
./motorola/shared/video
./motorola/shared/picture
./motorola/shared/mixedmedia
./motorola/shared/ringtone
./motorola/temp
./motorola/temp/eopu
./motorola/eri
./motorola/browser
./motorola/browser/tmp
./motorola/browser/usr
./motorola/browser/usr/audio
./motorola/browser/usr/game
./motorola/browser/usr/screensaver
./motorola/browser/usr/picture
./motorola/browser/usr/skin
./motorola/browser/usr/misc
./motorola/browser/usr/ringtone
./motorola/browser/usr/java
./motorola/browser/usr/wallpaper
./motorola/partial
./my_pix
./my_sounds
./mobile
./mobile/skins
./my_music

Next I thought it'd be cool to copy in some mp3 files onto the card. The
phone didn't see them when I copied them into ./my_music

Is there a directory structure I need to conform to? Is there some sort of
prescribed setup? Can someone send me their setup that's working?

Thanks.

steveo at syslang.net