comcast does it again Port 25

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Thu Apr 3 12:35:12 EDT 2008

>  Unfortunately, that's not entirely true when a government grants a
>  monopoly - they get to regulate it.  And the government is us (plus
>  friction).  Oh, is the government screwing things up again? - how
>  unexpected.

You can get your internet connection from other ISPs. Be it another
cable provider (Earthlink, I used this before switching back to
Comcast), DSL (be it Verizion, or another provider like MV.Com that
resells Verizion wires, but has their own IP space and their own
networking "rules") or even Dial-up or Sat (but you probably wouldn't
want to host a server on either of those).

Plus it's your local, as in very local, government. Call up your
franchise agreement board.