Comcast blocks port 25 incoming, yet again

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Wed Apr 30 15:31:45 EDT 2008

>  I've found that Comcast service tends to be at different levels in each
>  community. I've found my service to be very reliable with very few
>  outages since it morphed into Comcast several years ago. I would prefer
>  that they open up port 25, but that would tend to let in a lot more
>  SPAM, so I just let it be. While FIOS is excellent, my bandwidth remains
>  well above 3Mbps down. It did take me overnight to download Hardy
>  Heron, but it appeared that the congestion was on the server side.

The "consumer level" FiOS blocks you from running anything on port 25
and 80, at least that's what a friend of mine that has it says. You
need to pay for business level to get those unblocked.

He also has TV service as well and says it's not to bad, but that
their DVR sucks. He has an HDTiVo with cable cards.