Comcast blocks port 25 incoming, yet again

Chip Marshall chip at 2bithacker.net
Wed Apr 30 15:51:48 EDT 2008

On April 30, 2008, Jerry Feldman sent me the following:
> I've found that Comcast service tends to be at different levels in each
> community. I've found my service to be very reliable with very few
> outages since it morphed into Comcast several years ago.

I ssuspect the reliability of Comcast relies heavily on who they bought
out to get coverage in that area. I originally had AT&T Broadband, which
worked well. Comcast bought that up, and it continued to work well. I
know other people who had Adelphia, which was terrible, and when Comcast
bought them up it continued to be terrible.

> ISP's like MV can give a lot of personal service, but there are just
> a few of them left.

One of the problems with DSL ISP, regardless of how poor/great the
individual ISP is, they're still at the mercy of the phone company to
run the lines and make sure they're clean. If you have terrible phone
lines, MV can't really help you.

--
Chip Marshall <chip at 2bithacker.net>
http://weblog.2bithacker.net/                        PGP key ID 43C4819E