iPhone/Smartphone stuff

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:19:27 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Labitt, Bruce
<labittb1 at tycoelectronics.com> wrote:
> If you are considering gsm networks, look at t-mobile.  Cheaper than
> at&t (at least for what I need).

  This is something I don't understand.  A friend of mine gets his
mobile phone through work.  It's some kind of BlackBerry.  His
employer switched from AT&T to T-Mobile.  They're both GSM carriers,
so I expected them to be about the same.  Yet he says he gets
significantly worse coverage with T-Mobile than with AT&T.  Anyone
know why that might be?  Something to do with roaming, perhaps?

-- Ben