Kernel parameters... X86_TSC

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Thu Aug 7 15:21:10 EDT 2008

> But where did this patch come from?  Are you sure it's right?
> In particular, I'm looking at the "bool" and "default" lines...

I created the patch.  Yes, I'm sure it's right insofar as
it has the (narrowly defined) intended effect of providing
control over the config option in question where none
was previously available.  I left the default state for
CONFIG_X86_TSC unchanged because I find that operating
on the basis of "Least Astonishment" preserves sanity...