buying a laptop either bare or with Ubuntu

Lloyd Kvam python at venix.com
Tue Dec 2 17:12:12 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 14:48 -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean it like "dude, you should use
> Fedora",

I was the one who was not clear.  I understood that it was simply a
debugging suggestion.

> I meant "would you be willing to see if this bug can be
> reproduced with Fedora, and if so, I'll make the upstream X release
> maintainer, Adam Jackson, who works here at Red Hat in the same
> building as me, aware of the issue, and he can probably get it fixed
> pretty quickly".

I just ran out of time to play with the laptop.  My daughter was not
enthusiastic about wasting more time on a laptop that would be returned
anyway.

> Fixes for which Ubuntu could then inherit as well.

Exactly.  If that were my laptop, I'd have kept it around the extra few
days to troubleshoot.  I feel sort of privileged to have so many
developers and knowledgeable folks available through this list.  I'm
sure I would have greatly expanded my X knowledge from applying your
suggestions.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp