PDA with barcode reader recommendations?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 11:17:16 EST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 9:54 AM, Peter Dobratz <peter at dobratz.us> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a PDA with the following features?:

  Symbol Technologies used to offer PalmOS-based handhelds with
built-in barcode readers.  They've since been supllanted by MS Wince
devices, so you can probably find used PalmOS devices cheap.  PalmOS
communicates well with Linux.  I'm told PalmOS development on Linux is
also well supported, and Palm emulators are available for Linux.

> - built in barcode reader.  Needs to read standard retail barcodes
> (such as those found on a six-pack of beer).

  FYI, that is "UPC" -- "Universal Product Code".

-- Ben