kernel bug

Alex Hewitt hewitt_tech at comcast.net
Thu Feb 21 10:39:35 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 10:32 -0500, amc wrote:
> I did noticed that some of the kernel crashed message had something
> about ndiswrapper which I am using at the time due to how badly
> Broadcom works on my laptop.

For what it's worth...I have an Averatec 3200 series laptop that get's a
paging error on reboot. I only noticed this behavior in Windows XP Pro
and pieced together the scenario that made the problem reproduce. The
Averatec when it is put into sleep or hibernate has problems with the
Windows paging file when it wakes up. I think the paging operation is
invalidated most likely due to the time discrepancy between suspending
and then re-awakening. If your laptop only has this problem after
sleeping that might be your issue too. I think this is probably a
hardware issue rather than software (on the Averatec system).

-Alex