linux hardware inventory program

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Feb 29 11:56:32 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 11:24 -0500, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> On Feb 28, 2008, at 17:29, Jeff Macdonald wrote:
>
> > Anybody have a favorite program that can dump hardware inventory of a
> > system? I'd like CPU, RAM, Disk, Ethernet, and probably others.
> > http://lhinv.sourceforge.net/ is close, but is messing disk size info
> > on scsci disks.
>
> You might see if Smolt:
>
>    https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/smolt/wiki
>
> can be bent to your whim.

It certainly can be bent at least a little bit. A buddy of mine in the
mythtv world actually did so to capture additional data relevant to
mythtv:

http://smolt.mythvantage.com/

> I tried looking for device support docs and didn't find any, but
> that
> might just be me vs. Trac (historically I fare poorly).  I'd be
> surprised if SCSI disk support isn't in there.

http://smolt.mythvantage.com/static/stats/by_class_SCSI.html
http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/static/stats/by_class_SCSI.html

Seems the fedoraproject version is busted at the moment though. Heh.

/me goes to ping the smolt guys...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com