What 20 books would you put in the library?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:58:42 EST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 4:12 PM, Curtis Sandoval <curtis.sandoval at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not to fall down into the quagmire, but how hard would it be to do
> that exactly?

  Not sure if you're talking bookmark lists or mailing lists or Safari or what.

  I'm the present GNHLUG mailing list admin.  We can host as many
mailing lists as needed, within reason.  They can be created easily,
though I do ask for some kind of list charter for new lists.  No
creating a list first and then coming up with a plan for it later.
;-)

  For bookmark lists, we've got a website (http://www.gnhlug.org)
that's also a wiki, so "anyone can edit".  Although I rather suspect
there just might be some Linux/FOSS bookmark lists out there already.
;)  The Open Directory Project (http://www.dmoz.org/) comes to mind.

  So those are already done, really.  :)

  Safari is more interesting... I suspect O'Reilly wouldn't be keen on
the idea of a shared LUG subscription (they are, after all, in the
business to make money), but they might offer group discounts if
there's a sufficient number of interested parties.  If there are
interested parties, speak up and put together a plan amongst
yourselves.  We've got this convenient discussion list you can use for
the purpose.  :)  (I'm unlikely to be one of those interested parties
unless the discount is huge.)

-- Ben