What 20 books would you put in the library?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 19:31:48 EST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 7:13 PM, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> Thanks for volunteering to coordinate the NH Librarians' OSS Wiki,
> Curtis.  Ben will set you up with an account.

  Anyone can self-register at... uh, whatever link it gives you when
you try to edit without an account.  The wiki-spammers certainly don't
have much trouble finding it.  ;-)

  Really, it's easy, it's fun, wiki wiki for everyone!  ;-)

> You might as well convert Twiki to MediaWiki while you're at it.

  Hey, TWiki's been working pretty well for me lately, I haven't had
an edit failure in like a month.  That said, I really need to get off
my duff and finish migrating stuff to CentOS 5.  I actually have some
time blocked out this weekend to work on that.  This time, for sure.
;)

> I think we'd find that if NH librarians actually participated in such
> a thing they'd be far more likely to recommend it.

  They can create accounts, too.  ;-)

> I'm tempted to set Reply-To to gnhlug-organizing, but hearing
> feedback from everybody would be useful.

  I didn't do that simply because for this to work, it has to attract
interest for a fair number of people, and the more noise, the more
interest (up to a point, of course).

-- Ben