Backups and Amazon S3 storage?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Jul 3 12:44:57 EDT 2008

On Jul 1, 2008, at 16:23, Marc Nozell wrote:

> Ideally it should be incremental, encrypted, simple to use, simple
> file recovery, etc.  Bonus for allowing for multiple backups with
> little additional storage (like rsnapshot)

FWIW, I went through a similar exercise and wound up using rsnapshot
to a pair of e.SATA hard drives, one of which lives in my bank's
vault.  It doesn't tie up my slowish Internet line (no FIOS here) and
I'm there frequently anyway, so it's not an added cost.

$60/yr for the real estate rental, and I reckon there's room in there
for about 8TB.

-Bill

-----
bill at bfccomputing.com		Cell: 603.252.2606