Netgear now touting open source WRT-compatible wireless router

VirginSnow at vfemail.net VirginSnow at vfemail.net
Sun Jul 6 00:13:58 EDT 2008

> Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 11:16:07 -0400
> From: "Ben Scott" <dragonhawk at gmail.com>

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Lloyd Kvam <lkvam at venix.com> wrote:
> >> USB and GigE too; neat.
> >
> > Hopefully that is true.  The port line in the specs says
> >        Ports 1 x 10/100M WAN; 4 x 10/100M LAN
>
>   NewEgg's never been terribly good at transcribing mfg specs.  Like
> their slogan says, "Once you know".  If you haven't down-selected to a

I, for one, am really excited about this product.  This router
represents a true revolution in networking technology.  Hats off to
Linksys for introducing the first SOHO router capable of transmitting
its data signals over tachyons...

Quote from the product specifications on newegg:

    MIMO technology uses multiple radios to create a robust signal
    that travels farther and faster, with reduced dead spots.

Hm.  Radio signals that travel faster than light.  Where can I get
one?

(For those who don't know, tachyons are hypothetical particles capable
of travelling faster than the speed of light - the maximum speed at
which matter and energy can move in the known universe.)