General Procedure to get ATI/DRI card running?

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Wed Jul 9 18:22:32 EDT 2008

My approach is to maintain two types of systems. For applications that
I want to keep 'stable", I put them on a headless server that uses
robust hardware. For my X display, I use a couple client machines
that I wipe and reinstall twice a year with the latest Fedora release.

Basically, I reinstalled client A with Fedora 6 when it was released,
then reinstalled client B with Fedora 7 when that was released,
then client A with Fedora 8, then client B with Fedora 9, etc. If I
want newer hardware, I'll buy a new machine, to replace the aging client
that's scheduled to be upgraded, a few days before the Fedora release.

IM: jabr at jabber.blu.org / abreauj at AIM / abreauj at Yahoo / zusa_it_mgr at Skype
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

believed to be clean.