mythtv and digital tv

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Wed Jul 23 18:41:10 EDT 2008

> To sum it up, comcrap customers are forced to pay to solve their
> technical problem.

This would be true if you were using analog OTA channels, you still
need a digital tuner.

> Anybody out there using a digital tuner card (pci) with mythtv or
> perhaps a fourth friggin box ?

I know Kenta is using an HDHomeRun. That supports an ATSC and QAM
tuner so you'll get OTA and digital cable cannels.

> I suppose I could chuck mythtv and use the motorola model P.O.S dvr with
> comcast.

You can get TiVo on yhe Motorola set top box. That's what I have. It
still has some quirks but I think it's worlds better than the Comcast
DVR.

* I work for Comcast