VMWare ESXi now free

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 09:41:34 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Thomas Charron <twaffle at gmail.com> wrote:
>>   http://blogs.zdnet.com/perlow/?p=9192
>
> I wasn't really impressed with his experience overall.  The chipsets
> they support are pretty standard, and are a byproduct of the quality
> of the drivers available to the 2.4 kernel they are using.

  The question of how well/poorly something does in the realm of
hardware compatibility almost always boils down to the hardware the
user has available to them.  After all, if it doesn't work with the
user's hardware, that's really all that matters to the user.  The fact
that it might work with other hardware is irrelevant to them.

-- Ben