Bookmark sync and other Firefox extensions (was: Firefox Download Day)

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Tue Jun 17 10:49:05 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Michael ODonnell <
michael.odonnell at comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm still running a fairly ancient version of Firefox because
> many of my favorite extensions never (well, I haven't checked
> in a while...)  got ported forward to the newer versions.

There's an extension called Nightly Tester that will override the version
check on the extensions you choose.  That's often the only reason an
extension won't work.  It won't help Google Browser Sync though.

I'm particularly fond of the bookmark sync extension by
> Torisugari, but in light of stuff like Weave it may be time
> to have another look.
>
> One feature that's nonnegotiable for me is that they have to
> be able to use any server I choose to store my sync data on,
> but at the time I settled on Torisugari's extension it seemed
> that many of the other sync extensions wanted to force you to
> instead use their servers.

Foxmarks provides a server or you can use your own.  The best of both
worlds.