Bookmark sync and other Firefox extensions (was: Firefox Download Day)

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Tue Jun 17 10:29:09 EDT 2008

I'm still running a fairly ancient version of Firefox because
many of my favorite extensions never (well, I haven't checked
in a while...)  got ported forward to the newer versions.
I'm particularly fond of the bookmark sync extension by
Torisugari, but in light of stuff like Weave it may be time
to have another look.

One feature that's nonnegotiable for me is that they have to
be able to use any server I choose to store my sync data on,
but at the time I settled on Torisugari's extension it seemed
that many of the other sync extensions wanted to force you to
instead use their servers.