Firefox 3 AwesomeBar

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Wed Jun 18 09:18:54 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Ben Scott <dragonhawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 7:05 AM, Peter Dobratz <peter at dobratz.us> wrote:
> > So, the drop down in the address bar takes up more space, so what?
>
>   So the old one was better 'cause it didn't waste space.
>
>  All the other stuff you list, while true, doesn't actually justify
> using more screen space.  They only help mitigate the wasted space.
>
> > 2. Matches more stuff (too much stuff?)
> >
> > This is a very good thing.
>
>   I guess this depends on one's usage habits.

I've been using 3.0b4 & b5 for a bit.  I love using less RAM then 2.x.

I haven't noticed the AwesomeBar at all.  Maybe that's my usage habits or my
extensions.
I've been using the microfox theme to reduce the screen real estate.  I also
turn off the left sidebar.

  I used the old location bar behavior as an alternative to bookmarks.