Firefox 3 AwesomeBar

Coleman Kane cokane at cokane.org
Wed Jun 18 11:34:08 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 08:01 -0400, Ben Scott wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:04 PM,  <VirginSnow at vfemail.net> wrote:
> > Typing "gnhl" in the NEW address bar would get me
> > "http://www.gnhlug.org/", among other URLs.  Typing "gnhl" in the OLD
> > address bar wouldn't do squat.
>
>   I dunno what's different for you, but for me, Firefox 2.x finds
> "www.gnhlug.org" if I type "gnh".  I don't know if it's doing matching
> on domain labels ("between dots") or simply stripping "www" as a
> special case.
>
> > There are also situations in which you can remember the name (or a
> > keyword in the title of) a site you visited, but don't remember its
> > domain name.
>
>   Maybe you do.  For some reason, I rarely did that.  If I needed to,
> I'd pull up a history search to find that sort of thing.
>
> -- Ben

Ben,

Try: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6227

Maybe that will help you out some... BTW, it is expected to somewhat
suck at first. After you've been regularly using it for about a week,
the AB gets pretty good. I've been tracking the betas on another machine
ever since B3 was announced, and the bar works pretty well for me on
that box.

--
Coleman Kane