cron question / process queue

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Fri Mar 7 10:26:42 EST 2008

Steven W. Orr wrote:
> Still sounds like a job for "at",  no?

I don't see it. I have monthly, weekly and daily jobs that I want to run
sequentially, in that order, starting at 8pm. How would I do that using
'at'? Preferably without making the actual jobs know about each other,
e.g. not teaching the weekly job that it should be followed by the daily
job.

I made a combined job that basically does this:
if it is the first of the month:
   run monthly job and wait for completion
if it is Saturday:
   run the weekly job and wait for completion
run the daily job

The combined job is scheduled for 8pm execution with cron. Seems to work
so far...

Kent