Linux and Smart phones?

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Fri Mar 21 18:41:19 EDT 2008

It's getting about time for me to replace my cell phone... next month
actually is when I plan to do it.

So my question to the community is...

Is there a (smart)phone out there that can sync ***EASILY*** with Linux
(as in user side software NOT beta, RPM/DEB/etc. available, maintained)
that can also handle basic web browsing, and more importantly IMAP
(preferably encrypted over ssl or other standard)?

I currently have a Motorola Razr, and while it *can* sync under Linux,
the user side software leaves a lot to be desired in terms of usability,
stability, interoperability, and functionality.

In the best of all worlds, T-Mobile would include an unlimited data plan
and the phone would have a decent SSH client.

Right now I'm looking at the RIM Blackberry Curve.  Anyone have any
experience with these?

Thanks,

Brian