new glitches

michael miller k4ghp at comcast.net
Sun Mar 23 15:38:06 EDT 2008

With no changes in hardware or software other than a string of updates
to FC8 I started getting some boot messages that make no sense to me and
don't seem to affect operation.  The first was: pnpacpi: exceeded max
number of memory resources: 12.

A few days later this changed slightly to:  pnpacpi: exceeded max number
of memory resources: Max 12, Found 12. The change also made me suspect
that it was related to some of the updates, but it wasn't clear what if
anything I should do about it.

In the midst of this I got a transient boot error for a couple of days:
starting fuse: loading fuse module
mounting fuse control file system;  failed
This message no longer appears without any apparent action on my part.

A more significant problem is that I can no longer send email
(Evolution) with attachments.  I did this routinely a couple of weeks
ago but now it fails after a long delay with the message: DATA command
failed: broken pipe: mail not sent. I haven't been able to find any
solutions so far, obviously looking for answers in all the wrong places.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike Miller