IMAP Server

Matt Snell mattds at gmail.com
Fri May 2 16:09:13 EDT 2008

It may just be my own fault, I've done more with Dovecot today than I have
with Courier so that's where I'm getting my information.  But in my initial
playing, I found that both tools  want my mail folders (other than INBOX) to
have a leading dot in the filename, .Gmail for instance (my don't).  I'm
looking around Courier's docs to see if I can get around that, seems I can't
with Dovecot (see below).

http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat/Maildir under Directory
Structure states "if your maildir folders exist in eg. ~/Maildir/folder and
~/Maildir/folder/subfolder, Dovecot won't see them unless you rename them to
Maildir++ layout."

So if I understand correctly, I just didn't follow the
"right" naming convention when I started exploring mutt and mail formats.
I'm still reading, it may turn out that everything I've just written is
completely wrong, this is the fun part :)