IMAP Server

Kevin D. Clark kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Fri May 2 18:06:14 EDT 2008

Matt Snell writes:

> It may just be my own fault, I've done more with Dovecot today than I have
> with Courier so that's where I'm getting my information.  But in my initial
> playing, I found that both tools  want my mail folders (other than INBOX) to
> have a leading dot in the filename, .Gmail for instance (my don't).  I'm
> looking around Courier's docs to see if I can get around that, seems I can't
> with Dovecot (see below).

FYI, here is how I file mail with Procmail in a manner that works with
Courier IMAP:

  :0w
  * ^TO.*gnhlug(-discuss|-jobs|-org)?@
  $HOME/Maildir/.gnhlug/

So, my GNHLUG mail ends up in a folder called (in IMAP-speak):

   INBOX.gnhlug

When I played around with Dovecot, I remember very clearly that the
mailbox names (at a filesystem/Maildir level) were different.  YMMV.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                Meet me by the knuckles
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                of the skinny-bone tree.