Anti-spam methods (was: Spam-Filter-Free Options)

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue May 6 15:20:15 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> ... DKIM ...

  DKIM won't stop spam.  DKIM may make it easier to identify mail
which came from senders you want to receive mail from.  There's a
difference.  DKIM won't help if you want to receive unsolicited mail,
or if you want to receive mail from systems which also tend to be spam
sources (like the big web mail providers).

  Anyone here using Maia Mailguard (http://www.maiamailguard.com/)?
It purports to be a front-end mail filter with user-friendly web GUI
and per-user capabilities.  I haven't had a chance to try it out
though, despite wanting to for about two years now.  If it works, I'd
love to stick it in front of our Exchange server at work.

-- Ben