Update (K)Ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10

Greg Rundlett greg.rundlett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 15:29:35 EST 2008

I've been through the upgrade process and I'm still getting used to KDE 4.

I'm frustrated by not being able to have a customized panel with
direct launchers for all my favorite applications.  For that matter,
although I generally keep a clean desktop, I don't like the fact that
KDE4 won't let me put _any_ icons/shortcuts on my desktop except for
the plasma widgets.

I can't do compiz or anything else "advanced" in the eye candy
department (not even transparent konsole) because both my systems use
nvidia or ati cards that are not supported yet (although they were
supported under kde 3.x)

If I get a chance, I'll add to this list of issues.

-- Greg