[GNHLUG] PySIG in two weeks - Sphinx, and more

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Fri Oct 10 11:53:49 EDT 2008

Mark your calendar: Thursday the 23rd.  PySIG.  Sphinx, presented
by our own Arc Riley.  Kent's Korner, we hope.  Cookies, by Janet.
Gotchas, too, probably.  And more.

As always, at the Amoskeag Business Incubator, 33 South Commercial
Street, Manchester, 7:00 PM.  (Our continuing thanks to PySIG's
hosts, SNHU and ABI!)  Beginner's session at 6:30 PM.

Agenda to follow.

-Bill

http://sphinx.pocoo.org/

Sphinx is a tool that makes it easy to create intelligent and
beautiful documentation for Python projects, written by Georg
Brandl and licensed under the BSD license.

It was originally created to translate the new Python documentation,
but has now been cleaned up in the hope that it will be useful to
many other projects.

Although it is still under constant development, the following
features are already present, work fine and can be seen “in
action” in the Python docs:

    * Output formats: HTML (including Windows HTML Help) and
      LaTeX, for printable PDF versions
    * Extensive cross-references: semantic markup and automatic
      links for functions, classes, glossary terms and similar
      pieces of information
    * Hierarchical structure: easy definition of a document
      tree, with automatic links to siblings, parents and children
    * Automatic indices: general index as well as a module index
    * Code handling: automatic highlighting
    * Extensions: automatic testing of code snippets, inclusion
      of docstrings from Python modules, and more

Sphinx uses reStructuredText as its markup language, and many of
its strengths come from the power and straightforwardness of
reStructuredText...