Ubuntu

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Sep 18 19:34:15 EDT 2008

On Sep 18, 2008, at 11:33, Bruce Labitt wrote:

> Ubuntu has worked at
> making the average-user experience easier, is that it?

Yeah, but that's really something too.  If you setup a new debian
workstation for yourself it might take a thousand decisions to get it
'just right' for you.  Same for somebody else.  Probably 80% of those
decisions have commonality, so Ubuntu moves you that far down the field.

At least that's been my impression, I haven't done much with Ubuntu
desktop since version 5, so I'm dated.

-Bill

-----
bill at bfccomputing.com		Cell: 603.252.2606