Linux distro release cycles, upgrades, etc.

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 23:05:22 EDT 2008

> wanted me to use Ubuntu. Quite a while ago I switched rom Debian to SuSE
> because the release cycles were too slow.

Debian had a really rough spot for a while, yeah.  They have cleaned
up their act.  But you could always get the Gentoo continual upgrade
effect without compiling by installing. Lenny. I got a Lenny Hive DVD
in the mail with one of the Brit Linux rags.

Living off Ubuntu Testing is pretty edgy too.

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com