iptables

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Mon Sep 22 13:45:03 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Ben Scott <dragonhawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Labitt, Bruce
> <labittb1 at tycoelectronics.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to configure my firewall at work.  I need to have an
> > internal trusted network (my number-cruncher) and everything else.  The
> > trusted network is on eth0, and the other is on eth1.

>   That thread didn't get into the low-level details of which iptables
> commands to run, though.

http://www.webmin.com/ has a fairly easy and nice interface for configuring
both IPTables and Shorewall.  I suggest using this to get it setup and then
examining the config files it creates if you are interested in the low level
stuff or if don't want to keep webmin running all the time and don't want to
start it up just to make small adjustments.

Alan Johnson
alan at datdec.com