Seamonkey Issue

TARogue tom at tarogue.net
Tue Sep 30 18:38:42 EDT 2008

For those who don't know, Seamonkey is the reincarnation of the Mozilla
suite.

I just upgraded to seamonkey-1.1.12-1.fc8 using yum. I then had to
reinstall the add-ons adblock_plus and noscript. Both of these need to
write in the seamonkey directory, so need to be installed as root.
(Which is a whole nother issue I won't get into now.)

The noscript installation went just fine. When I installed adblocker i
began to have problems. It runs just fine as root. As user2 (an account
I created just to test this) seamonkey won't even start. As tom, when i
start seamonkey I get this:
http://www.tarogue.net/~tom/Screenshot-SeaMonkey.png

The only way I have found to fix it is to completely remove my .mozilla
directory; then uninstall and reinstall seamonkey. Then I have to copy
back over all my bookmarks, reinstall noscript, and reset all my
preferences.

Can anyone tell me a better way? I would prefer to be able to use
adblocker. It works just fine in Windows, using the seamonkey 1.1.12 and
adblock_plus-0.7.5.5-fx+tb+sm.xpi

I'm running Fedora release 8 (Werewolf), on a Lenovo Thinkpad R61

Thanks
  Tom

--
TARogue (Linux user number 234357)
 Proud member of the American Non Sequitur Society. We might not make